Monday, January 26, 2009

A painful experience made excruciating

So the morning sickness has really set in. I tried to call the practice that is seeing me as a "sliding scale" patient to see if some Zofran or Phenergan could be called in for me. I have another clinical tomorrow, and it's hard to concentrate whilst dry heaving every half hour. Here is how the conversation went with Nurse Ratchet in triage.

Nurse Ratchet: Hi Chereese, what's the problem?

Me: I am in my last semester of nursing school and I'm in my first trimester of my pregnancy. I'm trowing up a lot and I have clinical from 6:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. tomorrow. I was wondering if I could have some Zofran or any other anti- emetic called in?

Nurse Ratchet: Well, I see here that you have only done an intake with one of our nurses, so we can't do that for you. Can you come in tomorrow?

Me: I could if you have anything open after 3:30...

Nurse Ratchet: No we don't. We have some morning appointments.

Me: I'm at the hospital by 6:45 a.m. I really don't think that's possible. I really just need to have something help me through tomorrow.

Nurse Ratchet: Well since you don't WANT to come in tomorrow we can't do anything for you. Maybe we can try to see you Wednesday.

Me: So, I may not get any relief for days?

Nurse Ratchet: Maybe you can call tomorrow morning at 8:00 a.m. and be seen in the morning.

Me: I have clinical tomorrow.. ahh! never mind.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry, wish we could call something in for you. I hope your day went ok. It's always good to have some Zofran on hand.

    ReplyDelete