Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Snow Day and Accident

So we've had an eventful week here. Monday was the sonogram. Tuesday it snowed, which was wonderful! We told Keely the night before that it might snow. She was very excited. We heard Keely awake at first light. Next we heard her get out of bed and peak through her blinds. She saw the snow immediately, although I don't know how (it was still pretty dark). Keely yelled while running through the house- "it SNOWED!" "Mommy, Daddy, it snowed!" She ran into our room and looked out our windows, her eyes were HUGE with excitement. She wanted to go outside right away, but we built a fire with her and had breakfast until it was light enough to go outside. Bob took her out for over and hour. They came in for hot cocoa, rest, and lunch. I had been throwing up that night, so I was resting. In the afternoon I took Keely out to enjoy the snow one last time before it melted away. Keely realized in the evening that most of the snow had melted, and began to cry. We consoled her, and she got over it quickly.
Today I had a doctors appointment and got into a car accident. The other driver (a man) rear ended me. The mini cooper held up well, and I am fine. The other car ( a new Lexus) sustained quite a bit of damage. At first the guy tried to convince me not to call the police and file a report. I insisted upon it, seeing his Florida tags and licence, and called. He layed a guilt trip on me. He started telling about how his insurance would go up. He told me that he would get a ticket for not updating his licence or plates/tags. ON and ON he went.. Finally he stated that he had been relieved after discovering that there was no child in the my car seat. Bob picked up Keely today- thank God. It was then that I told him, NO my daughter isn't with me, but I AM PREGNANT. He quit his complaining and manipulating.

Below are some pictures of the snow day:



















1 comment:

  1. That's so cute! Lana loves snow too. Sorry about your accident and glad that you are fine!

    ReplyDelete